With Daoism Philosophy and Chinese Medicine
In America, according to an October, 2009 CBS report chronic diseases such as obesity, hypertension, and diabetes wreck our quality of life and cost a fortune. With our sophisticated disease care system, heart disease is still the number one cause of death in the America, Cancer, is second, and Healthcare related mistakes and drug overdose and errors in surgical procedures that cause death are ranked as number three! (Dr. Barbara Starfied ,MD. a physician and health services researcher, university distinguished professor and Professor of Health Policy and Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University provided these facts) . America spends more than $25 trillion a year on healthcare.
In our current healthcare system, almost no time is spent discussing daily diet recommendation and lifestyle modification. People desperately need preventative healthcare like nutrition education and high-quality personal care to find their way back to prime health.
We need well-trained professionals not only to teach people how to adopt healthier habits but guide them to cultivate inner peace in order to lead a healthy and happy life.
By utilizing the ancient wisdom of Chinese Medicine. Dr. Helen Hu guides you on the journey of self healing, well being and longevity in the most natural ways.
- The journey on the road to wellness and longevity begins with one small step. A little change can initiate a great benefit in life. Thought out the journey, Dr. Hu will guide and support you personally step by step. She will provide consistent support and motivate you. Dr. Hu will evaluate your current health condition through a comprehensive personal history review and analysis of your body type, stage of life, geography area and evaluate your stress levels from all sources in order to define your immediate and long term goals and your vision. Dr. Hu will also coach you in identifying your body type. Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) categories of food are suggested using the color of the food (the different colors of food nourish different organs) the taste of the food (the taste of food interacts with organs and provides therapeutic effects), the temperature of the food (cold, hot and warm properties of the food counteract with each body type) and finally the energy direction of the food. When you choose the right diet combination, there will be many improvements to your health. Dr. Hu integrated the wisdom, philosophy, passion and the art of the two worlds in her wellness a longevity coaching.
- Disease prevention, dealing with chronic conditions, life changes and aging, the body send us signals or warnings that our current life style does not fit our body’s needs. If a body already has a chronic condition but recently develops more new or different symptoms, those signal us to take proactive measures to prevent further deterioration and reverse negative symptoms in the early stages to avoid disaster. The same theory is aligned with emotions. Emotional changes indicate the well being of internal organs and inner body system balance. A signal we cannot ignore. Dr. Hu integrates the ancient Chinese philosophy of life to assist you and encourage you to view life in a new way to cultivate happiness and inner peace.
- Find inner peace within and happiness: Many elderly people admit that inner happiness and peace or having a strong faith, with positive attitude are the keys to overcome obstacles and keep an open heart to others and to forgive. Stress comes from inner overacting to external stimulating. If we can keep emptiness in the mind and peace in the heart, stress has no place in our life. We can change our vision of life and reach the status of inner peace. Dr. Hu will assist you by using Dao wisdom to discover the ways to enjoy, to feel and to appreciate life.
Here are some of quote from Dao De Jing (Lao Zi)
Lao Zi Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.
Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity
- The heart organ is the chief organ and the center of all organs of the body. Maintaining a balanced heart with happiness, love, generosity and peace is one of the most important factors in well being and longevity. Traditional Chinese Medicine ((TCM) teaches that the heart is not an anatomic being but the center of the body organs, the energy, and an emotional and spiritual base. So it makes a lot of sense to us when we say “my heart is in the right place” “he has a big heart”,”my heart feels loved” and “I have peace in my heart.” When we have peace at heart, we will have peace with others, nature and the universe as a whole. Some of the quotes from Lau Zi (Daoist)
See the world as your self.
Have faith in the way things are.
Love the world as your self;
then you can care for all things
When there is no desire,
all things are at peace
In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don’t try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present
- Dealing with stresses , crisis and negative environments with an empty heart and mind
Why can’t life be simple? In a modern fast pace society, it seems as though everything in life has become more and more complicated. With a high stressful lifestyle in any stage of life, commercialization and media sparks our society for more desires leading people to be more unsatisfied, disturbed feelings, and unease in the heart.
Stress come from internal responses to the external reality or imagined factors.
Dose any of the following sound familiar? While driving on the free way fighting heavy traffic, your son calls your cell phone, you are late for his first football game. Project dead-lines are closing in at work and your boss is breathing down your neck. Meanwhile, you forgot to buy flowers and a card for a loved one’s birthday. Maybe your aged parents depend on you to make decision for them. With the turmoil in the world and the unstable financial predicament,, it brings more crises in people, families and businesses across the globe. The list keeps growing causing you stress; STRESS adversely impacts our lives.Here are some examples of some real patients under stress: “My doctor told me, I need to see a psychiatrist for anger control” “Dr. Hu, I think I am going crazy, I have anxiety, and it seems I can’t calm down” “I feel pain in my stomach every time my supervisor calls me in for a meeting”, “I have no sexual desire” “I feel exhausted at the end of day but my thoughts keep me from falling asleep”.“My stomach feels full after dinner, but my mind still tells me I’m hungry. Emotional stress from work, family, macro or micro environments all transform to physical pain in the short term and chronic and autoimmune disorders for long termDr.Hu will assist you in techniques on how to deal with stress by utilizing the physical techniques. Walking, jogging, yoga and meditation help to manage mild stress as does a healthy diet and sufficient sleep are important in managing stressHere are some sayings from Dao De Jing (Lao Zi)
and everything will fall into place
Can you coax your mind from its wandering
and keep to the original oneness?
Can you let your body become
supple as a newborn child’s?
Can you cleanse your inner vision
until you see nothing but the light?
Can you love people and lead them
without imposing your will?
Can you deal with the most vital matters
by letting events take their course?
Can you step back from you own mind
and thus understand all things?Throw away holiness and wisdom,
and people will be a hundred times happier.
Throw away morality and justice,
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won’t be any thieves
- Vision of the future wellness and longevity.We have to understand that well being and longevity are not a temporary project or a program. It is a lifestyle or a life journey. Remember that coaching can only bring you to the right starting point or the beginning line of the journey via a disciplined manner. Once the perspective of seeing life with love, an empty mind, free flow of being and lifestyle becomes engrained, and then the journey begins.There are many longevity people in the world by living a very simple life surrounded with beautiful nature, full of love and happiness by owning so little.We have to ask ourselves, what is the meaning of life?What we are missing?Here is a sample of some Daoism philosophy:Fill your bowl to the brim
and it will spill.
Keep sharpening your knife
and it will blunt.
Chase after money and security
and your heart will never unclench.
Care about people’s approval
and you will be their prisoner Do your work, and then step back.
The only path to serenity.Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.
Contact Dr. Helen Hu for your Well Being and Longevity Coaching. Please fill out the on line application for an initial contact, or email Dr. Hu at firstname.lastname@example.org